Friday, December 10, 2010

Mr Kitty and Chocolate cookies




You've gotta be smiling after looking at this picture!!!!

Remember Mr Kitty, the stray who has been hanging around our house?
I am very happy to tell you that today he went to his new home.
We're gonna miss sneaking him in and out of the house
(avoiding the big dogs and papa spoonful)

He is truly the sweetest cat and I am just so happy that he is going to have a warm happy home!
Merry Christmas little cat!!

***

How scrumptious do these look!!!!


These are called
Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
and they are delicious!!!!









Ingredients


2 packages (18-1/4 ounces each) devil's food cake mix

4 eggs, lightly beaten

2/3 cup canola oil

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup butter, softened

3 to 4 cups confectioners' sugar

1/2 teaspoon Spice Island® Pure Vanilla Extract

Red and/or green food coloring, optional

Directions

In a bowl, beat cake mixes, eggs and oil (batter will be very stiff). Roll into 1-in. balls; place on ungreased baking sheets and flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until a slight indentation remains when lightly touched. Cool.

In another bowl, beat cream cheese and butter. Add sugar and vanilla; mix until smooth. If desired, tint with food coloring. Spread on bottom of half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.






Have a great weekend friends.

14 comments:

Sherry said...

so happy to hear the kittie found a home. cookies look scrumptious

Karen said...

I'm trying to simplify my holidays this year, and told my family that I would bake each of their favorite cookies, and that's it. Then, I see recipes like this and I think, weeelll, maybe just one more kind. It's hopeless.

Love your pictures of the city in the previous post. I've only been a couple of times, but would love to take my family there during the holidays. Not such an easy trip from this side of the Mississippi. Some day!

Pam said...

That's great with the kitty! Your cookies look excellent and your background is great also!

Pumpkin said...

WHAT an adorable picture!!!!

Okay, now this is a good reason why I shouldn't be reading your Blog ;o) ROFL!

Blondie's Journal said...

You are truly a good person finding Kitty a home. What a great picture!

Thanks for the recipe...the cookies look delicious!!

XO,
Jane

Heather said...

The photo of your dog and kitty has got to be one of the cutest ever! And your cookies look delicious too!

June said...

I love the pic of the cat... looks like he will miss you just as much!

Just looking at those yummy pictures of the cookies makes butt feel fat!!!

Sarah B said...

What an adorable photo! Mr Kitty looks totally at home. Hopefully he looks as happy in his new home :)

Lilly said...

What acute photo of the cat and dog!

Those cookies looks yummy! :)

Country Dreaming said...

Glad to hear that Kitty found a home.
Those cookies look delish!

Melinda

Sheri said...

The face on that cat is about as precious as it gets! So glad he found a home. He will make someone very happy. Good thing he found you. You are an angel!

Miss Alicia said...

Yummy. I want to eat my computer screen. I am going to make these for a holiday shindig this weekend.

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Yum! I will be right over! LOL! Angie xo

Jane @ Going Jane said...

OK....I am DEF trying those cookies!! Yum! :)