Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Getting back to normal

Wow, I am actually feeling a little normal today.
Yes, my nose is still very stuffy  and coffee still tastes lousy
but the body aches and runny eyes are a thing of the past.

I hung out in the kitchen all day.
I did some much needed cleaning and organising in my cabinets.
I watched Eclipse on the little kitchen television. Twice.
I sat at the newly clothed table and read some blogs and emails.


I packed away some Christmas dishes
and I brought out the pretty snowmen plates.


I rearranged my cookbooks.


I made a pot roast in the slow cooker
and a yummy new desert called Pull Apart Apple Bread.








Going...


Going....


Almost gone.


Needless to say the family loved it!!!

Here is the recipe.

1 (21-ounce) can COMSTOCK® or WILDERNESS® More Fruit Apple Fruit Filling


                2 (1-pound 3-ounce) packages refrigerated biscuits
             
                1/2 cup granulated sugar

              1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

              1 tablespoon confectioners' (powdered) sugar

              1 tablespoon milk

Heat oven to 400°F (205°C). Lightly grease a 10-inch tube pan. In food processor, chop fruit filling by pulsing several times. Flatten each biscuit into a 5 to 6-inch circle. Spoon about 2 Tablespoons fruit filling onto each biscuit and seal edges to form a ball.

In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Roll each biscuit ball in sugar mixture. Make 2 rings of biscuits in tube pan and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.

Bake for 55 minutes, covering biscuits with foil after 20 minutes of baking time.

Cool on wire rack 5 minutes; loosen biscuits from edge of pan and remove from pan.

In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and milk; blend well. Drizzle over warm biscuits. Serve.

Makes: 12 servings.

Prep Time: 20 minutes.

Bake Time: 55 minutes.




As for the rest of this calm night
I think I will go join the doggies and chill out for a while.





Have a great night.


16 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Sorry to hear you have been sick :-( your house sounds lovely and calm. Mine is still in total chaos, I'm kind of looking forward to getting it all back to normal and giving it a good scrub!! All of this snow and salty roads are making it feel so grubby!

Love the pic of your dogs nose, so cute! Hope you are feeling all better soon. Do you have any new year plans? I hope you have a great time whatever you do xx

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Glad you're feeling better! I bring out snowmen after Christmas too! They seem to be like the Mother Ship calling the snow... but it's fun:@)

Sarah B said...

Glad to hear you are a little better, though isn't it annoying when tea/coffee tastes yuck!
I love the piccys of your cute pooches. Love doggy paws :)

Blondie's Journal said...

You do more when you are ill than I do feeling normal! Your dinner and dessert sound wonderful! I'd love to try the bread!

Hope you get well soon.

XO,
Jane

Sheri said...

This is a delighful post! Doesn't it feel good to be back to normal or at least close to it? You've accomplished a lot today and thanks for sharing this recipe. I LOVE apple recipes and will be trying this one soon. Looks delicious.

Lilly said...

Good to hear you're feeling better.
That apple bread looks yummy, I think I'll have to try that one day :)

It's me said...

That sweet lazy doggies !!!...and yammie that bread !!! delicious !!!......

EEN HEEL GOED EN GEZOND 2011 !!!...

LIEVE GROETJES VAN MIJ....

★ ┊    ★ ┊┊   ★ ┊  ★ ┊    
┊   ┊ ☆   ☆┊ ┊     ★┊  
  ★ ┊    ★ ┊ ★ ┊ ★ ┊
┊   ┊ ☆   ☆┊    ★┊ ☆ ☆ 
☆┊   ☆   ★ ┊    ★ ┊┊ ☆   
┊   ┊ ☆   ☆┊    ★┊★┊ ★
☆┊ ☆   ★ ┊    ★ ┊ ☆

A REALLY GOOD AND HEALTHY 2011 !!!

WARM HUGS FROM ME ........

Country Dreaming said...

Glad to hear that you are getting back to normal.

All I could say about THAT recipe is OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It looks sooooo good.

Have a great day!

Melinda

Heather said...

I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better. It sounds like you had a great day in the kitchen. The apple dessert looks delicious. Those snowman plates are cute...I have a set of those too! :)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Holy cow I gained weight looking at the yummy apple dessert! Love you kitchen table and I have the same snowman plates. I can't wait to put away xmas and clean, start the new year out right! Good luck with your fit by 40! You can do it!

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Your dessert looks heavenly, Leslie. Perhaps I should just try it, I mean making it ^_~
Happy celebrating on December 31th. And all my best wishes for a wonderful 2011, I am looking forward to a whole new year popping by your lovely little corner in the world! xxxx

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage said...

Hello Leslie!
What a lovely blog! I'm sorry to learn that you've been sick but glad that you're on the mend now. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment...I'm VERY glad to 'meet' you! I am going to have fun ready your past posts to catch up and also I'm looking forward to seeing all your photo's....I LOVE photo's. Thank you for becoming a follower...I hope you enjoy your visits. Enjoy the rest of your day and all the best to you and your family for 2011!
Maura :)

Annelie said...

LOVE the paw and nose pictures! So cute and funny.
Your bread reminds me of my sister-in-law's monkey bread she has told me about, but this version adds the apple, which honestly sounds so much better. Yum!

Hugs

Brenda Kula said...

I think the doggies are the best company. Also the cats. Your food sounds so delicious! And I'm in love with your cozy kitchen!
Brenda

~RED~ said...

Well hello there :) I love your crafts! This pull apart bread is so easy and looks amazing.. i wonder if i have refrig biscuits..

Pumpkin said...

OMG...I did NOT need to see that delicious dessert right now...

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better :o)