Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Saint Clare

October 6th


As most of you already know
my oldest daughter is a very talented artist.

She is now in her second year or college where art is her major
Her future is somewhat up in the air
bouncing around trying to decide in what direction that she wants to take her talents.
Teaching is one of her choices
( which I am hoping for)
Recently her old high school art teacher asked her to do an alumni piece for the school action.
At this Catholic school these works of art are auctioned off for hundreds of dollars
to go toward catholic charities.

without farther ado
here is
Saint Clare










Have a great Thursday everyone

12 comments:

Kacie Leah said...

Wow!!! That is gorgeous, your daughter is extremely talented! Awesome!

Creativity runs high in your family doesn't it?? ;)

Katharine said...

This is beautiful! What a talented, beautiful girl she is! You must be so proud. I bet this piece brings in a lot of money!

Leah @ Beyer Beware said...

OH my goodness is she amazing. What a talented young lady. I can't wait to see more of her stuff.

Beach Vintage said...

What a talented artist she is!

~Carrie from Cottage Cozy~ said...

....oh my ...how talented she is indeed. She has created a beautiful piece of art! Did she get that from her mother?

Freckled Hen said...

Wow! That's beautiful! She is so talented, I wonder where she gets her creativity skills from?

Ana said...

Absolutely beautiful Leslie...Your daughter is very talented. I'm sure her piece will do very well in auction. Congrats to her.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Jane @ Going Jane said...

Wow! That's AWESOME Leslie! No wonder you're so proud! I know she gets that creative streak from you! :)

Jemm said...

Wow, Leslie, your daughter IS talented!! I can see where she gets it ;)

Melanie said...

It is beautiful! Rich with detail and depth yet still has a humbleness and serenity to it that I think makes it very accessible - not always easy to find in works of religious symbolism. She is very talented.

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Have a happy happy October 6th, Leslie! xxx

Karen said...

Just beautiful. Someone will be very pleased to own this!