Monday, October 11, 2010

Peanut butter eyeballs

October 11th

Wow.. just 20 more days of spooky fun left.

Did any of you catch Martha Stewart's
Halloween special last night.
It was great!!!

Martha is the only woman that I almost know
that loves decorating for Halloween more then I do.

Speaking of Halloween..
Here's a great fattening tummy hurting recipe

Peanut butter eyeballs

This is another easy recipe.
You need

1 cup of peanut butter
2 or 2 1/2 cups of 10x sugar
1 stick (1/2 cup) of softened butter
white chocolate melts
M&M candy
red sprinkles

Ok..
mix the peanut butter and butter till smooth
slowly add powdered sugar

Rough dough into 36  1 inch balls
place on parchment paper and refrigerate for 1 hour


Melt chocolate melts in microwave
roll peanut butter balls in chocolate, coating completely
place on parchment paper
place an M&M in the center of "eye" and sprinkle lightly with red sprinkles.
Let cool.

( I didn't have any M&M's so I used chocolate chip morsels)




enjoy

Happy Columbus day


7 comments:

Leah @ Beyer Beware said...

Those are awesome! My family is going to love these. Thanks for sharing this great idea.

Blondie's Journal said...

Oh, yummy! Peanut butter and chocolate. My hubby will flip!

Thanks, Leslie!

XO,
Janie

Heather said...

My favorite part is the red nonpareils. They really make the eyeballs look bloodshot!

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Such a fun idea, looking sweet and delicious. Have a happy Columbus day too, Leslie xxxx

It's me said...

What's that?? it looks very yammie...and peanut butter i like it !!!...happy Columbus day darling.....love Ria,,,,,

Lee Ann said...

Ooh yummy9! But gruesome at the same time! Perfect x

Ana said...

What a cute and yummy recipe, oh and it sounds easy to make too. Thanks for sharing Leslie. I think I might try it for our Halloween get-together at my in-laws. Have a wonderful day.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana