Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy almost Halloween


October 30th



Are you scared yet?
Are you prepared for the ghouls and goblins to come knocking?

You won't believe this
but where I live..
we hardly ever get any trick or treaters.

Yesterday I got a chance to hang out with the 7th graders at Selfies school.
After the kids prayed to the rosary..
We read them a spooky story about a dead man and his body parts.
The body parts we had in bags
which the kids had to reach in without looking and feel the gross contents.
There was a lot of laughing, screaming and FUN!

Last night we had a little bonfire with some neighbors and family.
It was super chilly and fun
and of course
there was food.


shrimp and macaroni salad


spider covered Rum cake

 

The snake sandwich


Brains anyone?


To make the snake I use 3 rolls of french bread
shape and pinch together and bake.
Easy and fun.


The are lots of left overs for lunch today.
come on over!!

It is pumpkin carving night here in the spoonful house
I post our masterpieces soon
Have a safe and happy Halloween everyone!!!!!






19 comments:

Miss Alicia said...

The snake sandwich is awesome. Just brilliant. Hope you get some great costumes ringing your doorbell tomorrow. I'm secretly hoping we only get a few so I can eat the leftover candy... ~ Alicia, Fellow Baltimore-gal.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Happy Halloween Leslie, that cake looks great!

Heather said...

Everything looks so delicious! I love the way you made the snake sandwich! What great ideas! Happy Halloween!

Katharine said...

Happy Halloween! We're carving our pumpkins tonight too, have fun!

Blondie's Journal said...

It sounds like your bonfire was a lot of fun...I love having those up at the lake. Here in the city we get a lot of trick or treaters and I look forward to the costume parade!!

Your food looks wonderful, especially the 'snake' and the rum cake...yum!!

Happy Halloween!



XO,
Jane

Lee Ann said...

what? Do they not know you are the queen of Halloween? I would be sure to knock on your door! We tend to get very few aswell, but probably because we are out! LOL

Your food looks delicious and I love the snake sandwich. I hope you have a great day tomorrow xx

It's me said...

Happy almost halloween darling....love Ria........

Pam said...

It all looks great! Love that snake sandwich. Perfect song too! Happy Halloween!

Sarah B said...

It all looks like so much fun Leslie! It's SUnday morning here now, so Happy Halloween. I was going to carve a pumpkin this year but they were so expensive to buy. I thought I might make a papermache pumpkin head next year :)
Have fun!

Lisa said...

you should have your own TV show...you are so inventive. Love the snake and cake and table. I just know you all had a FABULOUS Halloween! XO

Country Dreaming said...

Have some scary fun on your favorite night of the year. BOO!

Melinda

Pumpkin said...

Leslie, you're killing me with all of this great looking food! It sure looks like Halloween is a fun time at your house :o)

Madelief said...

Your food looks horrible ;-)!

Wish you a great halloween!!

Lieve groet, Madelief

Parsley said...

Looks like fun!! Happy Halloween!

Megan said...

Happy Halloween! I'm sure you are having a ball. Love the party foods - especially the snake sandwich - how easy and fun.

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Happy happy Halloween, Leslie. I can see you are all ready, a spooky table scape. Perfect for Halloween! Have fun fun fun. xxxx

Catherine said...

very good ideas...And nice table! happy halloween! Catherine

Julie Harward said...

What fun you have had all this month and I appreciate all of it too..it's been so fun! ;D

Jane @ Going Jane said...

You always have the cutest ideas! :)