Monday, October 4, 2010

Halloween Party invitations

October 4th

Hi Everyone. 
 Happy first Monday of October

As I post this
I am sitting in my comfy chair
am wearing my warm fleecy frosty the snowman  jammies
there is a fire blaziing in the stove
I am sipping from my second cup of pumpkin spice coffee
  and my new little Notebook is sitting on my lap. 

Pardon my mistakes as I learn how to manuver this awesome little thing.


Party  Invitations

For the past few years we have hosted a Halloween party for the young people in Selfies class.
Part of the fun is putting together a unique party invitation.
The kids and parents are always excited to see the invites.

These Martha inspired finger invitations (2008)
were made with polymer clay


and boxed pretty ..
This kids had no idea of what they were getting!


Last years invitations were the best.
Although the kids were used to my tricks
they were still surprised when they opened these little take out boxes... 


because once opened..
Out popped a creepy ghoal!



This year I was kinda stuck...  I had an idea of what I wanted to do
(I needed to up the ante) 
and then I saw a wonderful idea over at
and I knew that these little gumball candy jars would be easy and different.

I am linking up with  my friends Halloween linky party over at Eighteen25
to show off our
2010 Halloween party ivitations

For complete directions visit Pumpkin and Princess





I am planning on writing the party info on the bottom (black part)
with chalk




So there you have them!
I can't wait to deliver.

Have a happy Tuesday everyone
Dont forget, Beauty and the Beast is released on DVD


12 comments:

Julie Harward said...

These are so dang cute...you are so creative! :D

Jennifer said...

Those are awesome!!!

Miss Merry said...

You are so creative - I wish I could come to your party!

Mo 'Betta said...

ok, that's the cutest party invite I've ever seen!

Amy said...

Those invites are so so cute! I LOVE the gum ball machines! How super fun! Thanks for the comment on my blog!

It's me said...

Hhahahah!! i must laugh about you American with that Haloween party time.......Happy days hugs from Ria..

Lee Ann said...

wow!! Those are some invites! sounds like lots of fun, looking forward to hearing all the party details x

Jemm said...

Oh, wow! Leslie these are so awesome. I think the fingers are the coolest idea!! How creepy to get a random finger in a box...EWWWW!! I bet your party is amazing.

Jane @ Going Jane said...

I love, love, love them, Leslie!! And they can be used for anything any time of year! Cool! I've been meaning to tell you...that awesome gold finger you sent me is sticking up out of the candy in my Halloween candy dish! :)

Heather said...

Thank you for visiting my blog! I wanted to say "hello" and let you know how much I love all your creative Halloween ideas! I absolutely adore all the Halloween invitations you have made. Your guests are so very lucky!

I♥naptime w/ Chocolate Sundaes said...

How cute! So fun that you made them into invitations!!

The Roberts said...

Hey! I followed you over from Pumpkin & Princess from your comments - did you buy any of your stuff in bulk? I made the candy jar & was inspired w/ creative ideas for all sorts of others (other holidays, decor, etc). Saw you bought a lot - just wondering if you found them in bulk somewhere or just bought separate. Also - where did you find that package of 'knobs' (doll heads!?) =) My Michael's didn't have that package! I bet that was a great deal. Yours are VERY cute & I like the glossy paint better than the matte. I did mine matte, but worked w/ what I had at the time & I had no gloss. Love it all =)