Sunday, October 17, 2010

good Halloween Eats


October 17

Happy Sunday Friends.

I hope that everyone had a great weekend.

The stink bug removal mission went pretty well
and for the first time in what seemed like forever
I finally slept in my own room. 


Today,
I woke up refreshed and made lots of fun Halloween yummies.

 I earned some brownie points and made Papa Spoonful
his favorite treat..
Hard Candy Lollipops







For the full instructions
click here

For dinner I made a recipe' that I found in one of my favorite Halloween magazines.

Witch Hat Calzones








Ingredients



1 3.5-ounce package sliced pepperoni

1/2 of an 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened

1/4 cup finely shredded or grated Parmesan cheese

2 8-ounce packages (16) refrigerated crescent roll dough

1 egg, lightly beaten

1 tablespoon water

Finely shredded or grated Parmesan cheese (optional)

Dried Italian seasoning (optional)

Crushed red pepper (optional)

Pizza sauce, warmed (optional)


Directions

1. Reserve six to eight slices of pepperoni; set aside. Chop remaining pepperoni slices.

2. In a small bowl, stir together chopped pepperoni, cream cheese and the 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese until well combined. Set aside.

3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease an extralarge baking sheet; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, unroll each package of crescent-roll dough. Separate dough into individual triangles. Place half the dough triangles on the prepared baking sheet. Place about 1 tablespoon of the pepperoni-cheese mixture in the center of each triangle. In a small bowl, stir together egg and water. Brush edges of triangles with some of the egg mixture. Top with remaining triangles. Press triangle edges together to seal. Brush dough with egg mixture. Fold short edges of the dough triangles up, forming a hat brim. Prick the dough a few times with the tines of a fork.
4. If desired, sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and/or crushed red pepper. Cut reserved pieces of pepperoni into small stars, crescent moons, and/or small diamonds. Press onto dough for decoration. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Serve warm with pizza sauce, if desired. Makes 8 calzones .

And for dessert we made some yummy snowball cookies.


Now.. I am ready for my nap.
Have a great Monday


12 comments:

It's me said...

Have a great Monday to...you are very buzzy with Halloween darling....so nice things today........love Ria

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Hey Leslie! I love "real" hard lollipops too, they are a true treat-enjoy:@)

Miss Merry said...

Love the witches hats! Sounds like a great recipe, easy to find ingredients and ADORABLE! I think I just might have to try this for my Halloween party. Thanks for posting and sharing!!!

Lee Ann said...

Mmmm these all look so yummy! I am def trying the witches hats x

Pumpkin said...

OH YUM! Can I come to your house for dinner sometime? ;o)

Nezzy said...

Oh baby, it's been a coon's age since I made lollipops! This would be a terrific project with my older grandkiddos!!! The witches hats sound marvelous too, I've done the hot dog and cheese thing with 'em before but this sounds very yummy!!! (tummy rumbelin' here)

God bless ya'll from the colorful hills and hollers of the Missouri Ponderosa!!!

Heather said...

Those witches' hats not only look tasty, but are oh so adorable!

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

YUMMY!!! Everything looks so good! Enjoy this fun season. :)
Love, Joyce

Ana said...

Yummy Leslie,
Everything looks soooo good. Thanks for sharing your recipes with us...I think I might give the witches hat one a try. Have a wonderful day.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Freckled Hen said...

Everything looks so good! I've always wanted to make hard candy...thanks for the link.

Melanie said...

I am so hungry now after reading this, you have no idea! I was trying to stay under 1,300 calories for the day and I think these pictures cost me 100 calories just from LOOKING at them, they look so good!!!

Lisa said...

yummy yummy yummy!