Sunday, October 24, 2010

abra cadabrah.. I'm back.

October 24th

I missed a few days
What happened??
Sorry for the disappearing act
there were a kazillion crazy things going on here in the spoonful house.

It's been quite a scary week filled with
Halloween parties, piano lessons, cooking, deadlines, emergency room visits,  no sleeping, haunted dungeon tours and a house that looks like a few zombies dwell here.

I have so much catching up to do.
Meanwhile,  here are some pictures from the first Halloween party.

since Papa Spoonful and I spent the night before at the emergency room
( Everyone is fine)
Neither one of us got any sleep and things for the party were a little rushed.
I had big plans for the cupcakes and didnt have the time nor the energy to do anything fancy.

I opted for the easy vampire bites.


and random colors


Miss Teen Spoonful was a huge help.
Here she is making some Monster Mouths for the kids.




And I scooped out 10 pumpkins for carving later.


There were lots of seeds to be roasted.



 




Lots of sweets
and healthy treats




 


I made some quick mummy dip
by just mixing a dry package of Lipton's veggie soup mix
with some sour cream

I scooped it out on to the platter in a mummy shape
them piped softened cream cheese over it.  





I rushed  things
forgot things
cancelled ideas
and the kids didn't even notice.

They are a great group of kids
and I love having these parties for them.

This year their craft was carving  pumpkins
and they all did a fantastic job.



 I didn't change the color settings on this photo..
It was my camera acting wacky.
However,
the muted faces 
 work out perfectly for a blog shot. 

from this gang to your gang

Happy Halloween Everybody.

Halloween is just a week away
and this week is going to be busy again.
More  party preparations...
sheeeesh.

I will be catching up with you all this week.
I missed soooo much!!!!!
Have a great tomorrow.

12 comments:

June said...

Looks like you pulled off a great party regardless of circumstances!
And look at all the yummy food!

Katharine said...

Glad you're back...I was starting to get worried! Looks like a great party!

Parsley said...

LOoks like fun!

Julie Harward said...

Wow what a week you have had! Even in your rushed state you are very creative..loved it all! :D

Sherry said...

you did an awesome job! looks like a great time was had by all

It's me said...

I am glad you're back.......what a lot os yammie stuff you made......it looks like fun party........happy new week love Ria...

Sheri said...

Oh Wow! The food looks fun and yummy and the place looks so festive. Wish I was a kid at that party. I'm sure they all had a great time.

Melanie said...

I'm sorry 'life' got in the way and gummed things up a bit for your party but everything looks great nonetheless and it's clear to see the kids had a great time! :)

Country Dreaming said...

Oh, what fun it looks like everyone is having!

Enjoy!

MELINDA

Heather said...

You may have had a few bumps along the way, but everything looked great! Most importantly, it looks like everyone had a TON of fun!

Karen said...

Great party! A bet the kids all had a ball. You did a fabulous job on the food. I love the monster bites and the mummy dip. Fabulous!

Lisa said...

what a hell of a party you give!! Love the Mummy stuff...and the food....and the cupcakes!! They look to die for! Glad all is well after the ER visit.