Wednesday, September 22, 2010

a little bit of catching up to do

I am so so so sooooo
behind on my blogs.

I love you girls and I promise promise promise
to make up to you all this week.
Tonight I am ordering myself a laptop so that I do not have to fight an 11 for use of the home computer. 
Hey, maybe I can even start writing my romance novels again. 


It's been busy busy busy

This week I ..
worked
burned a cake
made some extra cash at a flea market
worked again
had a girls date to the Walters Art Gallery
bought Miss Teen Spoonful her first car
worked AGAIN
had my first piano lesson
made hamburger helper for dinner
am preparing items to sell at a Fall Festival
started a crazy new book called Water For Elephants
finally got some more Halloween decorations up
 and now..
I have to work AGAIN 



Here is a quickie photo tour.

Some of the Halloween decor




Miss Teen Spoonful's new wheels
My 85yr old neighbor moved into a retirement community and didn't need it anymore
It has less then 25,000 miles on it
We're super excited for her to start driving it.


Scenes from Mount Vernon Baltimore
and the Art Gallery

Baltimore's Washington monument





This is the Peabody institute
a famous music school

and lastly

This

Is a MAN


ok
gonna be late for work If I do not get dressed soon
have a great day everyone

13 comments:

Katharine said...

Yay so glad you're doing well, missed you! Wow- Busy at your house. Love the car, and the trip to the gallery(we've been there once)Have a great day!

Jemm said...

Oh, my gosh Leslie!! I needed that laugh this morning :) That's hilarious.

I love your colored glass bottles for Halloween decorations. Very cool. All of your decorations are awesome!

Water for Elephants is one of my top 5 all-time favorite books! Loved it-it is a bit crazy and strange, but the story!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Great decorations! I need to get mine out!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Sounds like you've been busy! I was just wondering where you've been:@)
Halloween looks great!

Jane @ Going Jane said...

I just love your decorations! They look sooooo festive!! :)

Kristine said...

I enjoy reading your blog. And, because of that, I'm passing a blog award I received on to you :) You can stop by my blog to pick it up.

http://ourporchswing.blogspot.com/2010/09/blog-award.html

~Kristine

Country Dreaming said...

Cute post.
Super looking car for the daughter.
Great mileage too.
Have a great evening.

melinda

Deb said...

I think I know why you're reading that book; EC?

Bernie* said...

never stress over your blog and that you might not have been able to do a post for a while

there are no real rules here
we gather for enjoyment mostly, don't we?

I like your blog ;-)

Becky said...

A first car ... how exciting! And a first piano lesson! I love piano. I hope you totally enjoy it.

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

LOVE the decorations...nice !!!

you've been busy
how are the piano lessons going?

i am practicing christmas...even though it is 100 degrees :-{

happy to stop by for a visit today

kary and teddy
xxx

Linda www.mykindofcooking.com said...

Sounds like you have been busy! Love the photos you posted!

Karen said...

Great new photo on your header! And such a deal on the car. We've been through the car thing for two teenagers and have one more to go. "Retired" cars from seniors are the best!