Saturday, September 4, 2010

Have I told you that I love .... Halloween.



I have a confession to make...

My name is Leslie and I am a hoarder of Halloween how to books.



So yesterday I did it...
I brought about 8 containers of Fall/Halloween stuff upstairs.

Have I mentioned that I love Halloween. 
:  )


I spent the whole day sorting through boxes
and organizing the decor..

Some to the Thanksgiving pile
Some for the craft show pile
 some for the flea market pile
and some to the garbage.

( shhhhh don't tell Papa Spoonful but there are still 4 more boxes downstairs.)

While cleaning out the decor
I also had to clean up my craft area 
Whoa...  which was totally disgusting.
   and I finished a few more projects that I am taking to an upcoming Fall Festival.

*

Remember this  tall candelabra
Another goodwill find..

I painted it black a few months ago..


 yesterday I finally added some embellishments

I am thinking that red candles will look hauntingly fantastic with this.



I put some finishing touches on the Witch tree.

before

and after


And lastly I worked on some mystical magic wands..  


Sharky buzzed around in his Golden Beetriever costume..


Today,  the weather is Beautiful
and I'm gonna start the house Fall transformation.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!!

18 comments:

Katharine said...

Wow you've been busy! Everything looks great! I'm not much on halloween...but I love, love, love Fall! Have a wonderful weekend!

Megan said...

I've been waiting for the Halloween posts to start from you! I LOVE the magic wands...thinking my niece who will come just before Halloween will need one of these someday! Can't wait to see your decorating efforts.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Your tree is really cute! Have a fun weekend:@)

Country Dreaming said...

You've done a super duper job on everything.
Do you really have that many Halloween containers??
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with holiday containers bursting at the seems?
Love the magic wands. How powerful are they??? :)

Have a great weekend.

Melinda

Julie Harward said...

WZA...you do have a lot of it! I love it all too and I am now putting mine out...it all makes the coming cooler months so much fun! :D

Karen said...

I love Halloween decorations. I don't have many -- I'm big on fall, though.
Can't wait to see all your stuff.

It's me said...

Can I tell you honestly that I do not like Halloween..........But I'm very glad you get so much pleasure.............wishing you a happy weekend full of Halloween joy !!! love Ria...

Nezzy said...

Oooooo, I can already tell it's gonna be a spooky place to dwell! Now that Sharky is sure givin you a look like why do you have me in this thing and am I gonna get a treat for it???? He looks quite like my Tiger the Wonder Dog.

God bless ya and have a super Labor Day weekend!!!

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Oh my goodness... I love the Halloween stuff you made!
I am such a big kid!
I just get sidetracked on all Holiday items! All my kids are grown, but thank goodness I am starting to have Grandchildren.
That way "grandma does look like a goofball"! I have a good excuse to buy whatever now!
Leticia

Sarah B said...

Wow, you do love Halloween! That's a lot of stuff - more than I have for Christmas!
Sharky looks adorable!!

Blondie's Journal said...

I guess you like Halloween a little!! ;-D

Love the witch tree and can't wait to see your house decked out for the big day!!

xoxo
Jane

Kacie Leah said...

oh my gosh that is ALOT of containers! thats so awesome haha i'm a big halloween lover too, sadly no one around here ever decorates for it!!!!!! a bunch of party poopers!

i'm lovin it all, everythings turning out so darn cute! especially diggin that candlebra....the eyeball is such a nice touch! haha!!

~Carrie from Cottage Cozy~ said...

You DO love Halloween...and you can make it rock! Great ideas and transformations!

Jennifer said...

Looks awesome!!! I'm a huge halloween lover too! always have been since I was little! I can't wait to see more!

Holly said...

Your projects make me want to get cracking on Halloween. I have scooped up a few special publications and hope to be inspired by those and yours!

Alwayzbakin said...

Okay, first thing I want to say is, you're EXTREMELY talented and creative! Those decorations are SO cute. And next, I want your doggy. He is so DARN cute!

Pumpkin said...

You're doing an awesome job with your Halloween decorating! Do you hire out?

LOVE the bee costume :o)

Jane @ Going Jane said...

I just love all your Halloween decor, Leslie! You have so much cool stuff and are SOOOOOO creative! :)