Sunday, September 5, 2010

Burlap pillows


It's official
The summer stuff is packed neatly into a box awaiting the end of spring 2011.
Today
Papa Spoonful and I are getting a head start
and covering our cold pool.

Maybe it will be just cool enough to light a bonfire tonight.


It's beginning to look a lot of Fall 
The house has been doused with the color Orange. 
(My favorite color) 

I made Pillows for the sofa yesterday.. 

I got the idea from a burlap pistachio bag.

As I was trying to figure out what kind of burlap pillows that I wanted
..  I had my music plugged into my ears
and a song from Twilight New Moon came on.
"It's a Possibility"
You know,  the one that is playing after Bella and Edward break up
and she is heartbroken staring out of the window as the months pass by..

Then it clicked and I knew exactly what to do.

Months!!!




Since I was working with Burlap
Hot glue with the "non sewing" method of choice.

Woohooo
No Sewing!!!!! 


And here they are...





Today I'm going to work on making a pennant banner for the mirror.
the area behind the sofa needs a little umph!!

Happy Sunday Everyone.

13 comments:

Herbgirl said...

Love. Love your pillows. Fall is so beautiful. I'll get more creative (and productive) as the weather cools and I have to stay inside.
Hugs N Herbal Blessings, Mandy

It's me said...

What a great pillows !! so nice !!!!.....lovely job !!.........i like them...happy evening...love Ria...

Lee Ann said...

Gorgeous photos!! Great job on the cushions! I love the little bits if fall decor I could see in your pics, can't wait to see the rest! x

trish said...

Oh my goodness! I.LOVE.YOUR.PILLOWS!!

Too cute! I love orange too. It is also my son's favorite colors. :o)

Sheri said...

You have been a busy girl! I love your burlap pillows. What a cute idea! It is a sad day when you have to close the pool. We started ours today but decided at the last minute we need a new cover. We'll run out tomorrow if the places are open and buy one.

Soon we'll all be surrounded in the beautiful colors of fall!

Karen said...

These are so clever! I love the Halloween twosome. So cute.

Jennifer said...

Dang those are too cute! I need to do that! I can't sew a button! lol!

Alwayzbakin said...

Adorable pillows!!!! Great job.

Freckled Hen said...

Ummm...I love these? Really bad, I love these. And I love your red couch. And I love all the Halloween junk you have been sharing (I say junk with love) I even love the mossy head with eyeballs popping out. I love Halloween magazines, too. And Halloween children's books. I especially love that picture of your dog in the bee costume, your dog is always smiling like it's having a great ol time. Am I talking too much?

Annelie said...

Nice burlap pillows!
I've been wanting to make pillows myself out of burlap and printing stuff on it, but was kind of intimidated. After looking at your pictures, I think maybe I can too.

Jane @ Going Jane said...

You are always so creative! I love them! They are cute, cute, cute!!

PC said...

Love these pillows@! Paula in Idaho
http://bucketsofideasforfall.blogspot.com/

Pumpkin said...

They're BRILLIANT Leslie!!!!