Friday, September 10, 2010

9/11/2010 , Pear Custard Bars, and getting to know me



I can't believe it has been 9 years since the 9-11 attacks
Somehow it still feels like yesterday.

Through all of my tears and fears
I remember the amazing pride I felt for my President and my country.



I think all of us were effected by 9-11-2001.
 Austrailian,  Dutch, Chinese..
didn't matter
We all held our families a little closer
We all spoke to God a little longer
and it changed our views of the world forever.

and Tonight, I Pray for us all!

*



So here it is.. .
The Pear Custard Bar Recipe
Take my word.
Make them!! 
They are easy and delicious!!!




The recipe calls for a can of pears.. but I use fresh.









I took a pan of these to work today
and they were devoured in about 5 minutes.

Yummo!


Awesome Gal in the Middle, Megan, has tagged me with these special 8 questions...

Here we go.

1. What is the one piece of clothing that you can NOT live without?
tank tops. I wear them as under shirts all year long.
2. Do you have a favorite photograph? If yes, what is it of? This one is hard, I have so many favorites. One of them is the very first photo taken of Paul and I (our first Christmas of 1989) a month after we first met.
3. What was your first job? My first job was scooping Ice cream at Lee's Ice in Fell's Point Baltimore.
4. If you could choose a new first name, what would it be? Lucy .. just because I love that name.
5. Coffee or Soda in the morning? COFFEE
6. What is one piece of technology that you just can NOT figure out? Camera settings. I want a new one but I know that I will never be able to figure out how to use it.
7. Radio or buzzer on your alarm clock? I like the Buzzer.. but Paul prefers his rock channel.
8. Other than this blog, what was the last thing you read? These past few weeks I've been hooked on the Twilight series. : )

Thank you Megan for inviting me to play along.   

Have a happy Weekend everyone!!!!

12 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Thank you so much for the recipe, I love anything with cream cheese in it!! ;-D

Great to learn more about you. I'm with you on the coffee in the morning...I can be a beast!

Happy Weekend!

xoxo
Janie

Katharine said...

Yummmm!!! These look awesome

Sarah B said...

That receipe looks so yummy! Aren't you lucky to have that fabulous mixer :)
Yes, hard to believe 9/11 was that long ago. Still as shocking as ever.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Leslie, What a great blog you have. And so well written. I really have enjoyed my visit with you this morning.
I, too have had our blessed country 911 on my mind today. What a lovely sentiment you wrote.
I live in Lancaster County Pa and often make a jaunt to Baltimore to enjoy the sights or meet my daughter.
I am your newest follower!
Yvonne

Pumpkin said...

Oh YUMMERS is right!

Pam said...

Thanks for the great recipe I will have to try! It looks delicious! Lovely thoughts you have about that tragic day. God Bless us all and the USA!

Country Dreaming said...

It is hard to think that this happened 9 years ago. So much to think about.
The bars look soo good.
Great things to know about you.

Have a great rest of the day.

Melinda

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

What precious post, Leslie. That recipe looks delicious. Must give it a try....
Happy hugs for a lovely weekend xoxoxo

Alwayzbakin said...

I will never forget where I was and what I was doing when those planes hit the Twin Towers on 9/11. I, too, was so proud of our president.

With that said, on to the pear bars. WOW! They look delicious!!!

Julie Harward said...

Loved your answers and I LOVE this recipe..thanks! Yes it will be a day never forgotten for sure!

Acorn Cottage said...

Hi Les-
WOW...do those ever look good! I will take your word for it my friend, and am dashing to the store to get the ingredients RIGHT NOW!

Do those co-workers know how good they have it with you around? I hope so!

Warmly,
Nancy

Jane @ Going Jane said...

Amen, esp on the reflections from 9/11. And, you reminded me I forgot to answer Gal's questions myself. Darn it! Gotta get on that one! :)