Sunday, August 22, 2010

to do list




Do you ever want more from your life?
I do

I have a happy life, a great family
and
a job that I enjoy going to

But...
Some days I feel like I need more.
Life is so short,
I'll be 40 next year
and there are so many things that I want to learn and do.
So, as of now,  on the top of my to do list are.. 
  1. I want to am going to learn Karate
  2. I want to am going to learn how to play a musical instrument
  3. I want to am going to run a marathon

What is it that you want to learn or do??



As we prepare our house for the future
one of my jobs is to paint the kitchen cabinets a neutral color.

Here is the old blue
which I liked but I also felt that the room was too dark


Here it is half and half.
The new cream color definitely brightens it up
and makes the room appear much larger



Here is the new black  range
 We still have to install the black range hood.

The picture over the sink is my newest Billy Jacob's print
"The Road Home"


Another job done!!!


That's it from here friends.
Time for this chickie to put a few more miles on her Nikes.

I wish you all a wonderful week ahead.


16 comments:

Country Dreaming said...

It would seem that you have been a wee bit busy. I love the new lighter color.

Have a great week too.

Melinda

Julie Harward said...

Life is short so I say...eat dessert first! LOL The kitchen looks real nice, I have red check gingham curtains too! I want to learn a language! ;D

Jennifer said...

your kitchen is too cute!!!! I love it so much character!

Sarah B said...

Wow, run a marathon? What a massive achievement. For me, I'd just like to be able to travel more I think :)
ps we're pretty much the same age!

It's me said...

Hi Leslie...great kitchen you did a great job !!! looks so nice now.......i have no things i really want to do now........i am thinking and thinking....yes once a day i want to the Toscane.......!!

Wishing you a happy new week go for it girl !!!! love Ria.......

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Lovin' the new cabinet color! I see your brioche pan, have you ever tried the Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes A Day? They have a fun brioche recipe!

Alwayzbakin said...

I love your kitchen! The new color looks great. I'm where you are in life. I'm 38 and I don't know what to do next. Maybe I need a list like yours!

Melanie said...

Whew! What a lot of work! It looks fabulous though.

Freckled Hen said...

Your kitchen is so pretty, I love the new color. I like your list and admire you for wanting to run a marathon.

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

leslie...you're too funny about the artichokes...and country girl's recipes did sound good...

i loved the blue...but then i saw the cream..love that...and i LOVE the red gingham curtain..i LOVE red and yellow...my 2 favorites together
:-)

always happy to see you at farmhouse, my friend

kary and teddy

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

p.s. i have to think about my list
:-)

Ana said...

Hi Leslie,
I think your list of things you want to accomplish is awesome. I'll be rooting for you all the way :-)For me, I think, learning a third language would be on my list...Italian or may be French...love both. Anyway, love your kitchen's new bright and fresh color...The blue was pretty too, but a change is always good. Great job...Wishing you a wonderful evening.


Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Sheri said...

Your new kitchen looks awesome! We are also in the process of redoing our kitchen. Lots of work but well worth the effort.

I like that covered cake plate on your table. I've been flirting with the idea of getting one for us.

A job well done indeed!

Jane @ Going Jane said...

Love the changes in the kitchen! I'm impressed w/your to do list, too!! :)

Megan said...

Love the kitchen makeover. I have a long list of "I AM going tos" as well. I need inspiration and you've helped!

Pumpkin said...

Well done Leslie! Kitchen looks great :o)

I want to do a lot of stuff. Oh boy! I can't even think right now...