Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Table Top Tuesday


Happy Tuesday 

Today
 I am linking up with


Especially
 since I scared some of  y'all with many fabulous heads
.. I've got some making up to do.


My table top is nothing spectacular
Just something a little fun for the start of September.

Back to School Table Setting 


I used 12x12 lined scrap booking paper as mats.


I painted a pair of pillar candles to look like pencils.  


Tucked a few pencils and school supplies in....


And topped it off with an Apple.


Done!

and what I really want to do is break out the fall stuff.

it's
Almost time



Speaking of back to school
Since yesterday was Selfie Spoonful's
first full day,
Dinner was her choice.

.... and of course it was her favorite,
Stuffed peppers



I made some back to school
Oatmeal Apple Raisin cookies too...



Sorry for the tease,
I'm not going to bother with this recipe
since
The photo actually made the cookies look better then they tasted.


Can I have one more mom...  PLEASE!!!


Have a great Tuesday !

13 comments:

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Cute table! Love the shot of your dog!

June said...

The table looks very nice!
I love the dog nose pic :)

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Leslie, your table is so clever. I love the mix of the school supplies, so cute. That is such a great idea for back to school. The candle is fabulous. Your cookies do look so yummy. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

Julie Harward said...

Cute idea for the table and the cookies do look good, I'm glad the dog enjoyed them! I love stuffed peppers too but my family, not so much! :D

Country Dreaming said...

Very creative table! ove the candles. I'm with you in wanting to break out the fall stuff.
Since I'm home today fighting with the allergies, I thought I might make a small transition into fall.

Have a Super day.

PS: The dog shot is adorable.

Melinda

BigD said...

Cute idea!

Elizabeth (blue clear sky) said...

Your back to school tablescape was a great idea. Very unique.

Thanks for stopping by. I've got to find the movie now (we only catch it on tv) to check out the computer. Hopefully I can find a DVD. I'd forgotten about Clay using the computer.

Becky said...

You are so clever. You should throw a luncheon for the teachers! So clever and fun. I love it!!

Pam said...

Very clever and your tabletop looks great! Love the flowers on the table. And your dog is adorable.

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

What adorable sweet nose, Leslie!
Hope your week is great so far. Lots of hugs for the rest of the week! xxooxxoo

Jane @ Going Jane said...

I love the pencil candles. :)

~Carrie from Cottage Cozy~ said...

That's one of my favorite meals too and the cookies as well. What a lovely way to kick start school. Your table is so cute!

Karen said...

I love the table! What a great way to celebrate back-to-school. I'm so ready for fall decorations, too.

Love the shot of your dog:o)