Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Pumpkin table cloth, some yummy shrimp soup and a boating dog

Hi Friends. 
For the first time in weeks my air condition is OFF
and the windows are open.
Hot?  yeah.. but not as hot as it has been!

It's been a nice week in the spoonful house.
  

Yesterday we took advantage of the sunny skies and took the boat out.
We brought the beautiful blond along with us.


He is so regal!


Selfie and I have been playing with felt for the past few days.
You know us...
Always always always have to be doing/making something
I saw a felt pumpkin table runner at Joanne fabrics last week
 and decided to make something like that of my own.


Selfie was making a cool little Ninja.
She is so creative!! 


I had this pretty blue fabric and decided to make a table cloth with it.
The pieces were cut out and in place  


Time to start sewing


Here is what I ended up with


And here are three of the four corners to the tablecloth.
Now all I have to do is hem the edge. 
That part is going to suck!!!


It's going to be super pretty on my after Halloween Porch table!
Yeah for Fall!!!!  

I bought a bunch more felt and fabric today to make something for Halloween and Christmas. 
 I'll show you once I get started.

Back to summer
I made a pot of our favorite soup the other day.
This soup is great all year long. 

Super Easy
Cream of Shrimp Soup

Here's what you do:
chop a bunch of celery
onions and green onion

Peel a pound of shrimp
( or buy them already cooked and peeled)

Saute celery and onion in butter.. about two tablespoons
Oh yeah.. I forgot to tell you
this soup passes your taste buds and lands on your ass!!
Weight Watcher points value:
Possibly a hundred!!

OK, back to the recipe
Once the celery/onions are tender
add the shrimp
and some Old bay seasoning 
 ( the amount depends on how spicy you like it)
Cook until shrimp are pink 

In a large pot
combine 1 large can ( or 2 reg cans) of cream of chicken soup
1 reg can of cream of celery soup
and
1  reg can of cream of shrimp OR cream of  something else
(ex. Mushroom)
1 can full of milk
Old bay seasoning to taste

Dump shrimp and celery mixture into pot
And cook for about 2 hours



Load up some bread and butter
and have at it!!!!!

YUMMO!!!!

Trust me.. this one is a hit
and it's EASY!
Make this for your guests and they will love you for it!


I'll end this with more photos of Sharky's day on the boat. 

Have a great  Sunday everyone!!!!



17 comments:

It's me said...

O my.....Sharky is a great lovely beautiful dog................i am in love..........and my gils too...........biggg hugs from me...Ria......

kacie said...

sharky is adorable!! looks like he had an awesome time, love the picture of him in the sand!
your tablecloth turned out real cute!
and major YUM to shrimp soup!

Country Dreaming said...

Lots of fun! Love the tablecloth!
You guys ARE creatively busy!
Sharky is having way too much fun--good for him.

Have a super Sunday!

Melinda

Ps the soup sounds yummy--if only Mr. Ken wasn't allergic to the little buggers. :(

Freckled Hen said...

The runner is great, I love it! And your dog is absolutely picture perfect.

Chef Dennis said...

what a beautiful fur baby!! Love the soup recipe too!

sewingseeds4U said...

I love your tablecloth. You've inspired me to think Fall! Have a wonderful weekend, Patty

natalyK said...

Love your fall tablecloth. Very creative!

mimbles said...

Love the felt pumpkins - very clever!

Sharky looks like one very happy and ultimately very tired puppy :-)

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

I enjoyed this post. A cute and clever fall tablecloth, a yummy recipe and a cute dog! What's not to love? Thanks!

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Sharky is ADORABLE! Love your works too, Leslie.
Have a great new week! xx

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

Your fall table cloth will be so festive! But, I am not ready for fall, because that means the snow will be coming soon after...

Your pup is too, too cute! He looks like he really loves your boat and the beach. A dog after my own heart. :)
have a wonderful Sunday, and thank you for the sweet comment.
Joyce

Sheri said...

Cute tablecloth. Hard to believe fall is just around the corner. I know that Sharky was happy to be included in your special day. Great pictures!

Sarah B said...

Oh my goodness your pooch looks like he had the most wonderful time at the beach. Dogs really now how to enjoy life, don't they?

Lee Ann said...

your dog is adorable! I just want to give him a big squishy hug.

Looks like you had a wonderful day on theboat! And I just love your tablecloth! You are so talented xx

Karen said...

Love the tablecloth! I like the contrast between the felt and the print on the cloth. So cute, and now I'm inspired for fall.

Your dog is adorable.

Pumpkin said...

LOVE the pictures of Sharky! He looks like he's having so much fun :o)

Your pumpkin project is brilliant!

Jane @ Going Jane said...

Love the pics of your dog, Leslie...what a cutie!! And your tablecloth is soooo adorable!! I love it!! :)