Saturday, July 24, 2010

Random weekend pretties

Sheeeeeeeeesh
sure is hot in Baltimore!!  



I've sure had fun busy week...

Went out on the boat with the family,


worked a total of 4 hours this week, 

Had some fun at the school carnival,


Went to weight watchers ~ gained 5 pounds

Visited the Amish markets in PA ~ probably gained another 5 pounds


  { an Amish built Modular home }
I could live here....


Made plans for our futures

RECleaned the sunporch/craftnook



Fell victim to the 3rd installment of the Twilight movies

Ok ok..  it was good
and although I will never consider myself a Twi'mom 


I do proclaim  to be cheering on the side of  Team Edward
 ok.. once again,   you caught me
I confess..
He's a hottie!!

Lastly,  I've been working on my on my many on going projects
The boots are coming along nicely.

Here's what is going on so far..

You guys guessed right when you said Witchy boots...


I've been saving these wire things forever..
and I finally found some use for them 


I wired/taped them to wooden dowels


and used this .33 clearance garland that I bought at Party City
( I killed  rock star )



and created this little Halloween tree.


I filled the boot with foam and moss

and have begun to embellsih it with green witch fingers
( made from Polymer clay)


I still have a lot of work to do on the tree..
it still needs
 lights and mice and frogs and rotten eggs...



Have a wonderful weekend!

If this beauty doesn't make you smile..

Then this surely will...

( the spoiled boys love their lucky charms marsh mellows)

They are magically delicious!!

16 comments:

Katharine said...

You've been busy... fun busy! I love the boots, and sun flowers are always a sure smile! Have a great weekend!

Melanie said...

Ahhhhhh, the boots are awesome!!!!!

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

loved everything...especially the boots...in halloween mode around here too :-)

and YES ! we like-ee Michaels

have a great weekend

kary and teddy
xxx

kacie said...

those boots turned out super super cute! love em!
hope you have an awesome weekend!! =)

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Looks like real FUN, Leslie. Cheery, happy post!
Have a cheerful and happy weekend. xx

Julie Harward said...

A cute post full of fun...you are a busy girl! :D

Sarah B said...

Sounds like a fabulous week!
What spoilt boys you have!

Joey said...

I love your home. You are so cheerful and happy!

What has happened to me. Would you be willing to make a quick trip to Allen, TX and give me a quick slap me in the face? Maybe that would bring back the creative juices.

Awesome, simply out of this world!

Joey said...

And I'm hungry!!!!!!!!!!!

Country Dreaming said...

Love the boots! Are you making trees?
Very creative!!

Love the amish food too.

Have a good Sunday.

Melinda

Melinda

Jennifer said...

checkout all that cool stuff! lovin the boots!

Pink said...

Thank you for visiting my blog and becoming a follower ! I came back to check out your site, and love it too !!

June said...

The Halloween tree is totally cool!!
And I love the speckled coffee pots on the table. Very inviting!

I wouldn't want to share my Lucky Charm marshmallows with the dogs...they are my favorite part!

Jane @ Going Jane said...

Sounds like a great week! Love the Amish yummies, the pitchers of flowers and the tree of course!! You are soo rockin' it this summer. My fave part of the tree is the fingers, though... :)

Pam said...

I'm new here and you have a great fun blog! Those boots really are cute and funny with the spoiled boys! Thanks for the laughs!

Pumpkin said...

You sure HAVE been busy!

No wonder you gained weight ;o) LOVE the modular home. Wow!

Ahhhh...how neat is that! The finger is a little freaky though. LOL!