Saturday, July 17, 2010

the jackpot

Oh have I hit the jackpot!  no, not that kind of jackpot ~  my pockets are definitely not fatter!!  

I went to the Goodwill this morning and found an awesome $10.00  treasure box...
                    I'll show y'all in a minute. 




I've been a little behind with my favorite blog reading and now I am all caught up with my wonderful friends.   First I had to work all week.  Yes, friends.. 5 days in a row.   ( Thanks a lot  Mary, sure hope you had a nice time at the beach! :  )   Hey Wait.  I guess my pockets are a little fatter.   Nah.. I spent it all on glitter!

  Second, my computer wouldn't load pages! ERRRR!  I was going crazy trying to access the blogs.  Even my Big Brother live feeds wouldn't work.   I was so bored that I knitted a scarf.  Seriously!   ok...  half of a scarf. 
  This morning,  I called my network provider and the problem is fixed!   now,  I am all kinds of hooked up!    

I'm happy to see you all and see that everyone is doing well.

ok,  off to the Goodwill...  

I woke up with an idea and was on a mission for a pair of small boots.    Selfie and I headed off to the goodwill early this morning and found some that were super cheap ~  and I'll show you my intentions soon. 


I also found this little owl for .50
with some paint, glue and glitter
 I will put this cutie to good use!!!


More Enamelware for a total of $2.50


And a 10.00 box of Pfaltzgraff Folk Art dishes
Holy Shmoly!
Of course I don't need any more dishes
but
I have always loved these!


I hope you all have a splendid weekend.
Time to Glitter!!!

xo

13 comments:

Sarah B said...

What bargains! All those dishes for just $10 -wow! They look really sweet.
Have fun glittering!!

Lee Ann said...

Oh I love the little owl!! He is so adorable!! I am also impressed with your dishes, I can see a yummy apple crumble in the apple shaped dish! Yumm! xx

Freckled Hen said...

I have always loved that pattern, too. Looks like a great day thrifting...and glad your computer troubles are behind you--that is always so frustrating.
Enjoy the weekend!

Katharine said...

Those dishes are beautiful! What a great find! So glad your coputer is fixed...Have a fun time with the glitter!(can't wait to see what the boots turn into!)

Lisa said...

i just had a heart attack when i saw the dishes. They are FABULOUS, as are the boots and the bird. Glad to hear you got the computer thing fixed. Love ya. So glad you got to go Goodwilling!

June said...

WOW! That is a fantastic find at Goodwill.
Makes me want to go thrift shopping daily! (bad idea)

Alwayzbakin said...

I LOVE the dishes! I should go to Goodwill!

Herbgirl said...

So nice to meet you! I'm you 40th follower......thanks for finding and following me too. Your blog is adorable and what a deal at Goodwill. I especially love the granite metalware. Those dishes are awesome too.
Hugs N Herbal Blessings, Mandy

Sheri said...

I'd say you definitely hit the jackpot! I'm anxious to see what you do with the owl. I love owls!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Omg...love your finds! Plates are awesome! Have a great week! Off to google my goodwill I hope we have one!

Jane @ Going Jane said...

Glad you got your computer problems solved!! Looks like you DID his the jackpot!! Way to go, Leslie!! :)

Nezzy said...

Oh baby, ya'll did find treasures! I would of thought I'd died and gone to heaven findin' a buy on Pfaltzgraff like that. I have to admit...I might be just a little jealous! Heeehehehe!

Ya'll have a wonderfully blessed summer day from my very sultry holler!!!

Elizabeth (blue clear sky) said...

Thanks for stopping by and becoming a follower. Total score on the Pfaltzgraff!
I actually do okay with all the white in the family room. Three guys, tons of nieces, nephews and greats, but none of it is expensive and it is all washable.