Monday, July 19, 2010

Apple Lasagna

Happy Monday Y'all
It's cookin time!

I'll be the first to say that
this is not the most appealing combination of ingredients


Apple pie filling with ricotta and cheddar cheese
sounds pretty gross to me!


The first time that I made this recipe was about 15 years ago,
I remember every one's disgusted reactions when I explained what it was...
and I also remember how the casserole dishes came home empty
and that my hand hurt from hand writing the recipe over and over.


Today, since Ms Teen Spoonful is still going through her Vegetarian stage
  ( ughhh, I don't even want to talk about it)
And since I  hadn't made it in forever
I decided to make a few pans of the delicious Apple Lasagna.


*Note*  The awesome clean oven
That's right friends, I am finally breaking in the new range!



Wondering what the 2nd pan is for...
That's right beautiful work friends
I am making my monthly contribution to your hips!

Here is the recipe
I know..  I totally took the lazy way out on this one.
Thank God the photo came out clear!!  

I hope you all enjoy it!





Have a great Tuesday!!

13 comments:

June said...

I am snagging a copy of this! Have you ever tried it with fresh apples? I have an apple tree that is going to have me choking on apples in another month or so at this rate...

kacie said...

I have never heard of apple lasagna! The sound of it sounds odd, but the pictures look super yummy! Will definitely have to try this sometime!

Jemm said...

It actually sounds pretty good to me. It looks marvelous. I bet your work friends love you ;) If it helps at all, I decided to be a vegetarian when I was a sophomore in high school. It was totally a phase and lasted a year. I'm now married to a cattle rancher and a member of the KLA (Kansas Livestock Association)! Not to worry, there is hope yet!

Megan said...

I'm intrigued and totally going to try this one! Thanks for sharing.

Country Dreaming said...

Umm.. not so sure about this????
I think I'll take your word for it.

Have a wonderful Tuesday.

Melinda

Katharine said...

Leslie this looks awesome!! I am totally going to try this!

It's me said...

Leslie....this loooks yammie yammie !!!.i wish i could smell it.........have a nice day ! full off joy......love Ria...

Madelief said...

Hi Leslie,

Your apple lasagne looks delicious! Didn't know such a lasagne did exist :-)!

Lieve groet, Madelief

Alwayzbakin said...

OMG! That looks good! Would love to try it. What a coincidence. My almost 15-year-old son has decided today that he is also going to become a vegetarian! Aren't teens fun?

Pumpkin said...

Apple lasagna! Now that's a NEAT idea :o)

Joey said...

I'm going to make this one. It looks fantastic, and sounds WONDERFUL !!

Thank you for sharing. Some people don't, you know. I appreciate you.

Jane @ Going Jane said...

Sounds strange, but the picture looks yummy!! I'm adding this to the "to try" list! Thanks for sharing, Leslie! BTW...pretty positive I could never go through a vegetarian stage...this farmgirl loves her meat too, too much!! lol!

Avril said...

I am intrigued! Do you serve this as a dessert? I LOVE it! :-)