Sunday, June 6, 2010

a Watermelon, a Sunflower, a Butterfly and a gadget

***Random  post warning***


What do you get when you cross:

Black licorice...


Red Jellybeans


and green watermelon gumballs?



A gal with to much time on her hands!



Happiness is
having a giant sunflower growing in your kitchen
and a fresh pack of  Daytime Oreo's


We finally put the pumpkins in the ground.


The big butterfly release was this weekend.
They were anxious to get out and do what butterflies do.



I have to admit that I didn't want to let them go
after nurturing them and watching them grow ...
Like a mother hen, I was worried about them.

Worried about  rain falling on their delicate little wings
Worried  about the birds and other predators
and wondering how will they know what to do once they are out in the wild.

It kinda reminds me of the situation that I am in with Ms Teen Spoonful
She has had her learners (driving) permit for over a year
and she's anxious to get her drivers license and do what 19yr olds do.
I just can't let her go
I worry to much
Worried about her delicate driving skills
Worried about the other drivers and predators
And wondering is she will  know what  to do when mother hen is not lurking.

I know
that like these butterflies
I will have to let her go
..Let her fly.

Stay safe little butterfly.
It is time to spread your wings and fly.




And lastly
This
Is my new love!!


After my dinosaur cell phone finally bit the big one
I had to find a replacement.
I wanted something that I could access my blogs from
and this Palm is what I ended up with.



I just can't stop playing with it.
 If you don't see me around
I am here..  and I am holding you all in the palm of my hand.


Have a great week y'all!!!!


8 comments:

Beach Vintage said...

I know how you feel Leslie. I felt the same way with my little bird that I saved, and when I let him go I was so worried and wanted him back. But yes, we have to let them fly away. Take care. xx

Katharine said...

Gorgeous photos...letting go is hard, but sooo worth it, watching them fly is a phenominal feeling!

Jane said...

Wow! Looks like you had a busy weekend! Have fun playing with your new phone. I'm always AMAZED by how quickly technology changes! :)

Julie said...

I just love butterflies I would be worried too!

I planted my pumpkins this weekend also I just hope the deer won't eat them.

Nice phone!!!!

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Beautiful pictures of nature, Leslie. Love love loooooove that black ribbon with polka dots. ADORABLE!
Hope your week is great so far! xx

Carmie, the Single Nester said...

I have never heard of Daytime Oreos. What are they and how did you get that sunflower to grow in your kitchen?

June said...

Pinkus is 15 (16 in August) and has his permit - Talk about down right scary!!! It's no fun being on the roads with this boy. He doesn't do well under pressure and tends to panic. We are in for a ride with this boy.

The pictures of the butterflies and flowers are beautiful.

I love my Blackberry. It keeps me company all the time and very seldom talks back to me!!

~Carrie from Cottage Cozy~ said...

I just loved your post today, Leslie. Everything about it! Your kitchen is so cute too! Thanks for your wonderful comment today! You really put a smile on my face. Glad to be back!