Sunday, June 27, 2010

Florida pictures

If you remember
we booked this trip online back in February
while we had over 24 inches of snow on the ground here in Baltimore.
and before the BP oil disaster.

At first it was meant as our 20th anniversary get away.
Then..  us being us,  we decided that we couldn't go without our girls,
and It became the 4 of us.

Having never been on an airplane
or anywhere south of the Carolina's
We had no idea what to expect.

Destination:
The Sirata Beach Resort
The beautiful gulf of Mexico,
St Pete's Beach, Florida






The airport and flight was nothing like I expected.
 It was amazing.
The two hour flight  FLEW  by!
Being on the plane, in the air... was a huge part of our experience.
 we all loved it.
and we can't wait to do it again.




\

The Sirata Resort is huge!
There are 5 buildings
 2 hot tubs
3 swimming pools
a couple of restaurants
and a few poolside tiki bars to keep your thirst quenched.

There was so much to do at the Sirata
that we hardly left.
We hung out at the beach all day.
We ate dinner at the Compass Grille
Had little umbrella embellished drinks by the pool
Watched a beautiful fireworks display
and enjoyed live acoustic music on the Beach.
The whole experience was wonderful. 

Our room  was on the seventh floor of the tall building and had an amazing Gulf view.




Below was a beautiful courtyard.


The Beach


We're a pretty low maintenance family.
We're used to jumping in to the dirty Chesapeake.
We've never been to any beach outside of our bay and the North Atlantic.
This was by far, the most amazing beach that we've ever visited.
I have never seen such beautiful clear beaches.
You can stand chest deep and watch the fish swim past.

Papa Spoonful and I were in awe!
We just couldn't believe how beautiful it was.
Oh.. and the water temperature
 was a  whopping 88'


Mitch/ Miss Teen Spoonful's hates the sun.


Cabana boy chatting on his phone.


Can you see how close the Dolphins were swimming next to papa Spoonful and Mitch






While in route to the coastal Mall
we found my favorite store ever....

And of course  I had to stop in and see what this Florida Michael's had to offer.
Yep,  that is fall stuff.
Gosh, I can't wait to go back to work and get my creative juices flowing..


This week there were many firsts for our family,
and one of those firsts
was that we witnessed some of the most amazing sunsets that we've ever seen .







Having been there... 
swam in that crystal clear water
  watched the pelicans fish for dinner
watched the dolphins swim so close to shore
See the strange varieties of birds walk the coast...

I find it unbelievably heartbreaking that these shores
and beautiful creatures are in danger
of becoming contaminated by Oil.

Lets pray that we get this tragedy fixed before it causes more damage and harm.




We gave a very happy Papa Spoonful the window seat on the way home.
Now Papa and I are thinking
We're can we fly off to now??

Thank you all for your happy wishes.
We all had a great time.
I hope that you had a wonderful week as well!!!

9 comments:

Katharine said...

Awesome pictures! So glad you had a good time...makes me want to go!

Sarah B said...

Your first flight - how exciting that would have been!! It looks like you had an amazing time! The water looked so nice that I think even I would have had a swim!!

Country Dreaming said...

Glad you had a great time.
Looks amazing. Lucky for you that you didn't have to deal with the oil spill. The water looked amazing!
It is sad to know what could possibly happen though.
Happy Monday to you.

Melinda

Alwayzbakin said...

Great pics! Makes me want to visit. Wait...I live there.

Annelie said...

OMG, I am soooooo jealous of your trip. That sounds like a true vacation. And, how exciting to go on a plane for the first time.

I love the cabana chairs, wish I had those every time I go to the beach, including drinks with umbrellas. To be sitting on the beach with a drink watching the ocean. Life is good there!

Really cool to be swimming with dolphins. I'd be so scared to mistake a shark with a dolphin that I probably would get out of the water.

Can't believe you went to Michael's. You crack me up. Shiiiit, can you believe they had fall stuff? How depressing is that? All though, I guess if you're a crafter you need to start before the actual season to make sure your craft is ready when the season hits.

Enjoyed your pictures.

Ooh, long comment. Hope you don't think I'm psycho.

Jennifer said...

Man!!! I wish I could be there with you!!!! I need a vacation so bad! We are going on a mini trip this weekend to Gatlinburg for the fourth! It is so beautiful where you stayed!!!

Jennifer
I'm your newest follower!

Beach Vintage said...

One day, one day I will get to Florida!

Julie said...

What a beautiful place! It makes me remember my first flight it was to see my father after my mother had passed away. I now I've seen so much of the world that flying isn't as fun as it was at first! I hope your able to visit many more places. Europe is one of our favorites!

Lisa said...

i am so glad you were able to go and spend this time with your family and i love the pics. Going to the ocean is like heaven on earth, huh?
XOXO