Monday, May 17, 2010

Polka Dotta Terracotta

Since cleaning the craft nook
(corner of the sun porch)
I now what to incorporate those pretty teals and reds through out the rest of the room. 

For so long I have been a country/colonial girl
Always opting for those dark blues, browns and reds
I don't know where this new color palate comes from.
I know exactly where my taste for a new color palate comes from....
I have been inspired by so many Blogs to reach and step outside of my box.
So,
As for now
I want funky
I want Polka Dots!


This is just a basic terracotta pot/ artificial plant
 that I purchased at Michael's a while ago.

I wanted to jazz it up a bit...



Bam!!
Polka Dotta Terracotta


I got these gorgeous fabrics to  make pillowcases and covers for the day bed. 


I still have plenty of prettying up to do
 I promise to show you the whole room once I am through.



Have a great Tuesday!

10 comments:

Jane said...

The pot looks great and I love the fabrics!!!

simpledaisy said...

So cute:)
How can polka dots not make you happy!!!

Country Dreaming said...

Love the dots! The colors of the fabric are great.

Melinda

sewingseeds4U said...

Proof again that simple projects make such a big difference! Can't wait to see it all come together.

Frau said...

Wow I love it! You make it look so easy!

Julie said...

I'm so behind again on my blogging. Your house looks so together and warm and cozy. I sure need to get busy on mine!

Lisa said...

never in a million yrs could i make the polka dots look that good...and the pillows? to die for! I love it all! lol
XO

Prairiemaid said...

Polka dots are one of those things that just make a person smile! Love the fabric you picked out, especially the one with the rosebuds.

Have a great week!

Lee Ann said...

Oh I am so in love with polka dots , and that teracotta potta is adorable !! Looking forward to seeing what else you have been doing x

Freckled Hen said...

I love that pot! And your pillows are so pretty. Thanks for the inspiration!
PS Your craft nook below is too much! I love red and aqua... you're lucky you can have everything in one spot.