Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy 5 th of May


Happy Cinco De Mayo!

Or

....as a lady once said to me a long time ago

Happy Kinko De Mearno.

lol


I knew what she meant!





I found these pretties at the thrift store today.
I collect enamelware pitchers and the dark blue one will look great with my collection!
I thought that the glass jar was a neat shape and size.
I have no clue what I will put in it yet.
Total spent : $6.50
Speaking of pretties..
Look at this lovely!





My boss "Marge" gave me this beautiful apron as a thank you gift for the crappy cake I made her.
It was made by Mennonites and I just love it!!
Marge said that it was a thank you..
but I know why she really gave it to me
Because ...
I'm her Favorite!!!
hehe
Thank you Marge!!!!

RECIPE' TIME
Here is a great one for everyone to try.
Pretzel Chicken
Here's what you need:
Chicken breasts or tenderloins
1 regular bag of pretzels
1 or 2 eggs ~ beaten
salt and pepper
Crush pretzels
soak chicken in salt and peppered egg



remove chicken from egg.. coat with crushed pretzel.
Fry on stove top ( covered) about 10 mins each side
Serve with honey mustard or cheese sauce


AWESOME!!!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

i like your glassware and the blue pitcher. Blue is my favorite color. That apron is off the charts AWESOME! I like how you showed each step of how to cook the chicken too. Take care.

Nezzy said...

Wow, Pretzel Chicken...who would of thunk it??? I just love that little glass jar, such a cool shape. I could see the grandkiddos sneakin' colorful gumballs out of it. Ya'll got quite the steal with that beautiful blue pitcher and the apron...just too charming for words.

Ya'll have a fantastic day filled with sunny blessings from above!!!

Country Dreaming said...

Pretty cool pitcher and jar. A beautiful apron too.
The recipe sounds yummy--maybe Mr. Ken wiil eat chicken THIS way.

Have a great one.

Melinda

~Carrie from Cottage Cozy~ said...

First of all, Leslie...your chicken looks absolutely awesome! I can't wait to try it. I love your header photo...and your apron too! Looks like you found some new fun goodies as well...Hugs!

Annelie said...

Ahh, pretzel chicken. I bet my kids would like that.
Love the enamel pither. Very nice!

Beach Vintage said...

That dark blue pitcher is just lovely. I can just imagine it with some pretty flowers in it.

Melanie said...

Oooo, that chicken looks DELISH!