Thursday, April 15, 2010

Vintage Boat motor lamp

What a lucky happy girl I am!

I don't expect fancy gifts.. I never have. I'm a "pick a pile of wishes" kind of girl. Papa spoonful can make me happy by bringing me a bouquet of weeds or a cold glass of Coke Zero.
~My mom used to say, "It is the thought that counts" and they are words that I live by.
Just being thought of....
That, is what makes me happy!

For a few weeks I've been eyeing up this lamp that Papa Spoonful and I saw at a shop called Outdoor World.

Last night, He surprised me with this lovely gift for our "new" living room.

I was completely taken by surprise and very gracious, I love it!!!!

I love all of the little details ~ My favorite part is the fishing lore hanging over the burlap shade and red and white bobbin (screw) at the very top.








Did I mention that I love suprises!! : )
HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY!

11 comments:

Madelief said...

Dear Leslie,

What a special lamp! Never seen anything like it before. So sweet of your husband to buy it for you!

Have a lovely thursday!

Lieve groet,

Madelief

~Carrie from Cottage Cozy~ said...

~beautiful and unique~ How thoughtful!

Katharine said...

Awww, what a nice guy!How perfect for the new room! Any chance it was at Bass Pro? I looove that store!(much to my girls dismay) Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE NEW LIVING ROOM AND I JUST LOVE THE NEW LAMP. VERY GOOD GUY. SEE YOU ON TUE. BY THE SINGER AT MICHAELS. GUESS WHO?

Leslie said...

Katharine ~ Yep, that's the one!! It's a fun store.

Anonymous.. of course I know who the singer is!! Porkchop!

Sarah B said...

Hi Leslie, thanks for stopping by my blog :)
Your pressie is so thoughtful - I can see that you like boats. I ws a fan of Love Boat as well :)

Annelie said...

Just found my way through Sarah's (above) blog.
I have to agree with you that being thought of means a whole lot. Such a wonderful gift, and unusual. Good thing you pointed out some of the details that would easily have been overlooked otherwise.

Julie said...

What a great guy!

My daughter would just love it, her family room is done in a fishing theme.

Annelie said...

Just incase, you wrote Happy Thursday on my blog, it's Friday! Just don't want you to miss a possible Friday appointment or to do list!

Happy Friday to you! :)

Country Dreaming said...

Papa Spoonful is a very thoughtful guy! I'd keep him if I were you!
Have a great weekend!

Melinda

Semen Rendi said...

Find the latest used and new boats for sale.
Great used boat deals and prices.
More here this link