Wednesday, April 14, 2010

RMS Titanic




I bet you didn't know that I LOVE the RMS Titanic. I do! For many years I have collected Titanic mementos. I have passenger lists, menu's, post cards, replica jewelry and many many books of the Titanic.

I even painted the ship a few times ( the photos in the header and above are my own paintings) I think my love for cruise ship liners comes from my childhood days when the Love Boat was my favorite television show and my dream job was to be Julie McCoy, your cruise director.



Ever since I learned the story of the Titanic I have been fascinated by it's beauty, elegance, and tragedy.

Have you ever been to a Titanic exhibit?
I've been twice and it is AWESOME!
There you can see and touch real artifacts that were lifted from the bottom of seabed grave.
Today.. on the eve of the 98th anniversary of it's tragic sinking, I sip my vanilla coffee from my third class passenger mug.







A few years ago the girls and I attempted to make a Titanic Cake..

And it did not turn out so good!!


We made a huge mess and did a whole lotta laughing that night.

I bought this at work yesterday for Papa Spoonful and I to build together.
He gets a little intricate and bossy with models..
( he wants to do all of the fun stuff! )


Tonight.. I was thinking about making some Titanic cupcakes.
~a little less challenging then that crazy cake we attempted~
Have a nice Thursday everyone!

5 comments:

Country Dreaming said...

The Titanic story is a tragic one but interesting too.
They brought a Titanic exibitto our Union Station several years ago.
We were able to be passengers but didn't find out till the end if we had survived or not. Both Ken and I
survived! What a relief!

Happy Thursday!

Melinda

from my front porch... said...

I found you through Melinda!
Maybe you already know there is a new Titanic exhibit in Pigeon Forge, Tn. We live in east Tennessee, and it is all the talk. We are planning on seeing it in May! I am in love with all things Titanic, too!
Here is the link

http://titanicpigeonforge.com/

Wonderful day to you :) misha

~Carrie from Cottage Cozy~ said...

We toured the Titanic museum in California when I was a kid. It was awesome. I love the original black and white movie!

Julie said...

I think we all have something that we just love, mine is Elvis and I have been to Graceland three times in one year. I haven't made an Elvis cake yet!

Good luck with those cupcakes they sound really good!

P.S. I also loved the Love Boat but we've been on two cruises and I really don't like them. Ok I know I'm a little werid!

Carmie, the Single Nester said...

No way! My dream job was to be Julie McCoy! Friends would call me that because I was always organizing everything and I actually seriously applied for jobs as a cruise director!