Friday, April 9, 2010

great news

I am feeling a little tipsy this morning.

I've gotta be quick so that I can unplug this computer and take a nap before the carpet people come.
The test went great. Here are the problems.

I have something called Esophagitis and an ulcer in my lower esophagas.
Although the doctor says that I will probably be on meds for the rest of my life..
Everything is treatable.

Wonderful awesome news!!!


Esophagitis is an inflammation of the lining of the esophagus, the tube that carries food from the throat to the stomach. If left untreated, this condition can become very uncomfortable, causing problems with swallowing, ulcers, and scarring of the esophagus. In rare instances, a condition known as "Barrett's esophagus" may develop, which is a risk factor for esophageal cancer.


What is an esophagus ulcer and how is it caused?
An esophagus ulcer is an ulcer located in the esophagus. The Esophagus is the tube that leads from the throat to the stomach. When the esophagus is inflamed, swollen and irritated, it is referred to as esophagitis (itis - meaning infection / inflammation) or GERD = Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease. When partially digested food and liquids travel from the stomach back up into the esophagus, that food is mixed with stomach acids, which can irritate the esophageal lining and eventually can cause an esophagus ulcer. People will experience acid reflux and heartburn symptoms.

5 comments:

Madelief said...

Dear Leslie,

Hurray!!!!! I am so happy for you :-)!

Enjoy your weekend!

Lieve groet, Madelief

~Carrie from Cottage Cozy~ said...

Oh my...wishing you well. Treatable is a fabulous word!

Country Dreaming said...

Oh goodie--glad to hear the word treatable! That is a great word.
I bet you and your family are relieved.
Enjoy your weekend!

Melinda

Katharine said...

WhoooHooo!Glad to hear the news! Enjoy your carpet, and your weekend!!

Patty said...

Oh thank goodness everything is treatable! I'll pray that's its not too painful for you!