Saturday, April 24, 2010

A creepy cat, marshmellows and rumcake


$4.00 bought me this fanciful creepy kitty that I found at the Thrift shop last night.


I love love LOVE it!!







Wonder what a rainbow tastes like.....

These colorful babies are delicious!

I've said it before and I'll say it again,

It is all about the sprinkles!!








I also made everyone's favorite EASY Rum cake this morning..

all of which I am taking to my Aunts 70th (surprise) Birthday party!









Recipe:
Cake:
1 package of yellow cake mix
1 package of instant vanilla pudding mix
1 cup of chopped walnuts
1/2 cup of rum
1/4 cup water
4 eggs
Preheat oven at 325'
Grease and flour (bundt) pan
sprinkle walnuts on bottom of pan ~ sometimes I mix them in with the cake mix too


Combine cake ingredients ~ blend well. Pour in pan over walnuts. Bake @325 for about an hour. Let cool, puncture with fork.
Glaze:
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup rum
1/4 cup water
Combine glaze ingredients in saucepan and cook for 5 mins ( until sugar and butter have melted) Pour over cake.. let stand for about a half hour



Have a great weekend!!!!

9 comments:

Sarah B said...

I like your cat too - he's rather quirky!
Mmm, think I'll have one or two of those chocolate marshmallows please!

Melanie said...

Ooo, I like the kitty too!

Country Dreaming said...

Oh, YUM!

Melinda

Londen @ Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

That is a cool kitty! Reading blogs is fattening, those look delish!

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

awww. Did you say that those chocolate covered marshmallows are for me?! ...and I like that kitty... sorta vintage-y whinsical something something... I have become a follower and would be honored if you choose to do the same!

Annelie said...

Love the cat. Really cool.
Rum, yum! And the chocolate - my mouth is watering and I'm supposed to go to bed now, not eat. Good thing I don't have chocolate in the house.

Jemm said...

What a great find! The marshmallows and cake look amazing too. What did you use to coat the marshmallows?

Beach Vintage said...

That cat has a cheeky face.

Theresa said...

The cat is a little spooky:) Hey, I love marshmellows and those look delicious! Thanks for the rum cake recipe... YUMMY! Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a sweet comment! Have a blessed evening my friend!