Thursday, April 22, 2010

another random post

Selfie spoonful enjoyed this beautiful breezy day under the big maple tree spinning with the "helicopters".






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






After years of dating, Zoe (Jennifer Lopez) has decided waiting for the right one is taking too long. Determined to become a mother, she commits to a plan, makes an appointment and decides to go it alone. On the day of her artificial insemination, Zoe meets Stan (Alex O'Loughlin) -- a man with real possibilities.Trying to nurture a budding relationship and hide the early signs of pregnancy becomes a comedy of errors for Zoe and creates confusing signals for Stan. When Zoe nervously reveals the reason for her unpredictable behavior, Stan commits fully and says he's in. Never before has love seen a courtship where a wild night of sex involves three in a bed -- Stan, Zoe and the ever-present massive pregnancy pillow. Or, where "date night" consists of being the "focal point" at a near-stranger's water birth which does for kiddie pools what 'Jaws' did for swimming in the ocean. The real pregnancy test comes when both of them realize they really don't know each other outside of hormonal chaos and birth preparations. With the nine month clock ticking, both begin to experience cold feet. Anyone can fall in love, get married and have a baby but doing it backwards in hyper-drive could be proof positive that they were made for each other.


I don't ask how he does it... but my neighbor is famous for bringing us movie DVDs before they are even released in theaters.








A few weeks ago he treated us to How to Tame Your Dragon and the kids LOVED it!!!

Last night I watched The Back up Plan ~ It was OK (not great).. The movie had it's funny moments, I love Alex O'Loughlin and JLO, but I hated how they depicted parenthood as a terrible thing. My favorite part of the movie was the adorable Boston Terrier... OK, Alex is pretty cute too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Over the past few weeks , with much hard work.. I have managed to lose 6 pounds. Even after eating a half dozen Danishes last week. I've been watching my diet in between junk food crashes and actually using my exercise equipment for something other then hanging my handbags on.

With the new meds and the working out I am feeling great. Today, having been inspired by some of my blogger friends, I joined Weight Watchers again. I need a back up plan to keep my momentum going. (We've got a trip to a warm sunny beach coming up)





Speaking of adorable Boston Terriers..

Ms Darla Sue Lewinsky says Hello!





Happy Friday!

5 comments:

simpledaisy said...

Congrats on your weight loss!!
You dog is super cute:)

Michelle said...

Awesome picture!

Country Dreaming said...

Losing weight IS hard but it sounds like you are on your way!
Good Luck.

Have a great weekend!


Melinda

Melanie said...

Congrats on the weight loss!!! :)

Madelief said...

Hi Leslie,

so good of you to loose those pounds!! Congratulations. I know from my mother how difficult it can be. The pictures of your daughter and the helicopters looks great :-)!

Have a happy weekend!

Lieve groet, Madelief