Friday, March 12, 2010

If I can do it.. anyone can do it!


Four years ago today began my life journey as a nonsmoker!

Was it hard?


Heck Yes!!!

The first few weeks were terribly hard.

.... and as each day passed I gave myself a giant pat on the back. I was doing it ~ for the first time in my life I was beating something that had so much control over me.

It was my family's love and support that pulled me through this journey.



Don't get me wrong.. there were a few times when I cheated!

I consider myself one of the lucky ones.. last year I tried to smoke, I wanted to.. and after a meaningless argument with papa spoonful I took a cigarette outside, stood on the deck.. lit it.. took a puff and instantly got a stomach ache. It was NASTY!!

Thankfully!!

If you are thinking about it ~ Stop now and do it. You CAN quit and I am here for anyone who needs a little voice of encouragement. You can do it!!!





Today, I booked the anniversary trip. We made some changes to our plans and decided that we couldn't enjoy our days in the sun without our children. : ) We told them last week that the were coming with us and they are both very excited. The four of us will fly for the first time together ( i think we're more excited about going into an airplane then we are about the beach)
We are all very excited and deserving of this trip!!

Now that everything has been booked and paid for I need to work on losing the 20 pounds leftover from quitting smoking. I have 3 months ~ I can do this!!!






Yesterday the girls and I went to the movies to see Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland and we loved it!!!!! The special effects and costumes were awesome. Of course, I love the Mad Hatter and the red queen. Go see it!!!


Have a great week end everyone! I'll be sure to visit you all within these next few days.
xo
Leslie

4 comments:

Julie said...

Congrats I'm so happy for you! I remember when my mother and father decided to quit and what happy kids we were!

I'm glad your taking your girls with you. We had three boys than two girls came at the end. And we spent the last few years that our girls where at home taking some great vacations. Now when we go by ourselves it just not as fun.

We also went to Alice yesterday, what a wonderful movie!

Katharine said...

Here's to you! Sounds like things are going great! We are headed your way tommorrow... hoping I can stop by and drop something off sometime this week...

Country Dreaming said...

Congratulations! I'm sure it has been a rough road to go but look how far you've gone!
Your trip looks exciting--when is it? I'd like to get in your suitcase please. :)

Have a great weekend!

Melinda

Cottage Cozy said...

Wow...I am soooo proud of you! That is absolutely awesome...