Monday, March 1, 2010

6 years

It has been six very long years since I last spoke to my mom. It was a Monday night just like this night.. we were on the telephone laughing and making plans.

Things and plans change within a blink of an eye ~ and I never dreamed that with in less then 24 hrs my life would change so drastically.

The next day, Tuesday March 2nd, 2004 my mother was gone.



Never in these 6 years has a day passed that I haven't longed to talk to my mom.



To hear her "I told you so's"...

To laugh with her...


To get mad at her..


To cry with her..


to hear her I love yous.


I will always love you mom!

5 comments:

Nezzy said...

Oh sweetie, I'm so very sorry for your loss. This post was a beautiful tribute to your sweet mama. I'm sure she is sending your heavenly hugs and kisses right now.

God bless and I pray peace for you.

Katharine said...

I'll thinking about you tommorrow, and wishing you a day filled with warm and wonderful memories. There is no relationship quite like the one with we have with our mother...Blessings on your day and on your remembering~

wachete said...

To my Michael's friend Leslie,
Your Mom is with you..That is why you are the Mom you are..She guided you down the right path...
She is proud as punch at her masterpiece she helped sculpt..You are special..Debra

Julie said...

You made my cry! Last November 11 it had been 18 years since my sweet mom passed away at the very young age of 62 from brain cancer. It was the worst day of my life and I have missed her everyday since. She was not only my mom but my best friend. So I really know how you feel.

Beach Vintage said...

Dear Leslie, what a sad post, I have few tears here....my mums name is Lesley. So it felt weird to read this post as I still have my mum right here.