Sunday, February 21, 2010

brighten things up


Let's paint stuff~

ahhhh pretty!



I finally decided on dining room colors.. yellow and white walls.

Top half of wall: light yellow
Bottom half and trim: white
And I want to use lots of reds, aquas, black, white, etc.. lots of color.
The room now is yellowish green and colonial red ( same colors go through the living area to).




I found these gorgeous yellow and white checked curtains at the Goodwill on Saturday. I also got the pillow , black table cloth and coffee mugs while thrifting this weekend.


They've been washed and ironed.. and I had to try them out.



And they are absolutely perfect!!
The chandy is getting a make over to....
It's first coat of red paint is drying.

That's all for now, I promised little Selfie Spoonful that we'd go on a roller skating adventure today.

5 comments:

Katharine said...

Pretty, pretty!! i love the curtains.. I can't wait to see the finished product!~

Country Dreaming said...

Looking good. Will be back to see what else you do.

Melinda

Julie said...

I love the colors! And those curtain are so cute. I can't wait to see it all done.

I love to roller skate, I sure miss having my little girls at home. Will I guess they aren't so little anymore!

Madelief said...

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. You hade some beautiful finds at the Goodwill! Your colourscheme sounds very cheery. I am looking forward to see the final result.

groetjes van Madelief

Amanda said...

Lovely colour choices - I am really liking the aqua/red combination at the moment and yellow is always such a cheery colour. Your jug looks great with its fresh coat of paint and I love the red chandelier!