Monday, January 18, 2010

Heart Wreath

I got this idea from my awesome quilting friend Julie over at Homespun Fiber , She recommended this fun Valentines craft that she found at Cherry Hill Cottage... .
Like you Julie, I was unable to find the Styrofoam heart.
Ughhh!

My Instant gratification instincts kicked in.
Oh boy!

I bought a long sheet of foam and cut my own heart shape. This foam is not as strong as the recommended stuff so I had to work very carefully.
This project could have very easily become a catastrophe!

I have to add this.. This chick Tina over at Cherry Hill Cottage cut her fabric into pretty perfect scalloped squares ( you gotta see her blog ~ Pretty pretty)
My squares, Well my pinking sheers hardly cut paper..
wasn't even gonna try!!

Supplies you will need:
2 inch fabric squares
Tacky Glue
Styrofoam Heart
Pencil
Ribbon


I followed the directions and this is what I ended up with..















Pretty Pretty!!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I can't believe you cut your own out! But it turned out so pretty!

Acorn Cottage said...

Wowzers! You did a fantastic job! Is there really need for me to go over and check out the real deal when yours is so great? I think not! Watch out, next thing you'll have people wanting to place orders and you'll be opening an ETSY shop on line!

Nancy

Country Dreaming said...

Cool beans! What a great job. Love it.

Melinda