Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cross stitching



Sometimes I just get in the mood to cross stitch.

I learned how to cross stitch about 19 years ago when I was pregnant with our oldest daughter. I made an elephant holding baby blocks. I completed the project before the baby was born having stitched everything but the name and date ... Still when I look at that messy little piece I can remember sitting with it laying over my ginormous belly while I stitched and ate my favorite pregnant must have, Fritos. There are a lot of *holidays in that piece.. If you look you will notice a block missing a heart, a clown missing a hand and a few other things missing. I have thought about fixing it but then thought that it would take it's original character away from it.
**Holidays : word taken from my late father in law meaning missed/skipped parts. A half assed job.
It's a great word!

Gosh I love that Ain't No Sunshine ~ Taylor Hicks song!!


I've started, forgotten and completed many projects since my little elephant days
.
This week I am working on a pretty Snowman which I should bust out in no time. It's a small gift for Grandma Spoonful's new house. I'll be sure to show you when I am finished.



Lately as it's gotten much colder I cant seem to do a thing without the not so beautiful Darla Lewinsky tucked next to me somewhere.
She's such a warm snuggle bug!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I like your cupcakes and your crafts! your special room is very useful.I've got aspare room i should do like you.catherine

Julie said...

What a cute snowman, I can't wait to see it done! I use to cross stitch on sweatshirts for my girl when they we little, I miss those days!

Oh what a sweet puppy!