Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Happy Christmas

I knew it!! ~ just like I suspected, Christmas Eve and Christmas day were both wonderful, relaxing, do-over days!

As we do every Christmas eve ( A tradition that my mom started with me) we started the evening out with the girls opening their Christmas Eve gifts ~ Pajamas!! You must have new pajamas for Christmas!

Christmas and its magic mean so much to me. Like a kid my clock revolves around how many months, weeks ,days, till Christmas. How will I decorate the house, where will I put the
tree(s), what will I buy, what will I make, what will I bake... My favorite part of Christmas is remembering Christmases past. It's a time when we can share stories of our own childhood Christmases. It's a time where in it's brief moment all of our worries go away and we can become more in touch with our family.

Selfie and I woke up waaaaaaay to early Christmas morning. While everyone else was sleeping, we laughed, told stories and revealed our hopes for Christmas ~ A moment that I will treasure.

Santa came!! After the unwrapping we enjoyed our now annual Christmas quiche and pancakes.
Christmas Quiche
Ready made pie crust
6 eggs
1/2 cup milk
ground sausage ( to your liking)
3/4 cup shredded cheese
salt and pepper ( to taste)

Preheat oven @ 300. Fry ground sausage in pan till fully cooked...drain grease and set aside. Place crust in greased pie dish.. bake for about 5 mins. In a bowl, Beat together ~6 eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into pie crust. Add sausage. Bake at 300 for 20 mins, add cheese to top and bake for about another 10 minutes or until egg is firm.

I wish you all the merriest of Christmas
and hope that your family had a fabulous peaceful day as we did.
Happy New Year!!

Miss Lewinski loves her pink snuggie!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Can you believe it is over already! I just love that picture of your pup.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Book Psmith said...

I am with you...I think Christmas is just the best! Our golden got a pink snuggie for Christmas but she wasn't too crazy about it:) Thank you for joining in the You've Got Mail challenge and I look forward hearing about what you read.